Recently, Hemi Forest was mentioned in an article in the LCCC Newspaper, Wingspan.
Click here to read the article
Click here to read about the author
Click here to visit the Wingspan website
On October 15, 2012 the trees were turned on and were on each night for viewing.
In 2012, 600 trees were lit. Each year more trees and lights will be added to the Hemi Lighted Forest of Hope.
The Lighted Forest Facts:
- 108,000 lights with indoor display and parade float
- 4.5 Acres of Trees (600 trees)
- 2,000 feet of underground wiring with 22 service points
- 700 Extension Cords
- 800 Strings of Multicolored LED Christmas Lights
- Christmas parade floats on display from November until the end of December
- Outdoor lighted water feature with 5 waterfalls, 140 feet of creek with garden scale railroad running throughout
- 13,000 gallons of water are pumped and recycled through the water feature each hour
- Life size bronze bears in the creek
- Indoor garden scale railroad, runs each night
- Indoor Christmas display
- Hay rides throughout the trees until New Years Day from 6:30 to 8:30 weather permitting, with hot chocolate and hot apple cider after hay ride