|On October 15, 2012 the trees were turned on and were on each night for viewing.
In 2012, 600 trees were lit. Each year more trees and lights will be added to the Hemi Lighted Forest of Hope.
The Lighted Forest Facts:
- Over 200,000 lights with indoor display and parade float
- 4.5 Acres of Trees (637 trees)
- 2,000 feet of underground wiring with 22 service points
- 850 Extension Cords
- 1600 Strings of Multicolored LED Christmas Lights
- Christmas parade train on display in the heated garage from November until the end of February
- Outdoor lighted water feature with 5 waterfalls, 140 feet of creek with garden scale railroad running throughout
- 13,000 gallons of water are pumped and recycled through the water feature each hour
- Life size bronze bears in the creek
- Over 40 reindeer lighted throughout the display
- Indoor garden scale railroad, runs each night
- Two indoor Christmas displays
- Stuffed animals given away to those who want one or to pass on to someone in need
- Hay rides throughout the trees until New Years Day from 6:30 to 8:30 weather permitting, with hot chocolate and hot apple cider after hay ride; call in advance during January and February for hay rides
Hemi Forest was mentioned in an article in the LCCC Newspaper, Wingspan.
Click here to read the article
Click here to read about the author
Click here to visit the Wingspan website